Wednesday, May 28, 2008

A Trip to the City

Alex and Drew love big cities. Well, this past weekend we took a surprise trip to Salt Lake CITY. D was thrilled to hear there was a city near us. First stop, Temple Square.....

The boys loved all the exhibits. They especially loved all the water features.

D was so impressed with the Salt Lake Temple. He kept telling us over and over how it took 40 years to build.

After Temple Square, we headed over to the Conference Center. I never seen the boys sit so reverently...

We then went to the Church History Museum where they have a cool I am a Child of God exhibit. There were so many neat interactive exhibits.

We ate dinner at Tucanos which all the boys loved! Then off to spend the night at the Sheraton where the boys promptly changed into their swimming suits even though I would not call it warm.




What a fun trip and now D wants to know, "When can we go back to the City?"

4 comments:

{natalie} said...

what a fun little getaway. i like salt lake. it's so nice and clean. the pics of the boys are cute. i love those boys!

jody said...

Your boys act like they have never been to SLC. Maybe it is "this is just the first time they can remember" type trip. very fun for you all

good thing they liked it so well and it is close and they will want to go back

The Persson's said...

that sounds like such a fun idea! I love the pics of the boys - so cute and fun! :) I can't wait to see you all! I miss you!

Tanya said...

You guys always do such fun things!! Next time we are in Heber or Cedar Hills or Sandy, we'll have to make it down to the city!!!