Saturday, June 23, 2007

Elder Christensen




Jeff left for the MTC on Wednesday. It was great having the entire Christensen Clan together before he left! It was awesome being able to go with him to the MTC. Same movie as when Wong went in. We were down in Provo today, so we drove past the MTC to show the boys where Jeff was. Unfortunately, no accidental spotting of Julio. Alex made a book for Jeff today. The first page said, "Jeff as a Missionary by Alex." He drew a picture of Jeff in a suit and tie with him. Pages 2-4 had pictures of Jones teaching different people. Page 2 said "God is true." Page 3 "Jesus will come again." Page 4 "Jesus died for us." Alex did this all by himself. It was so awesome to see Alex's testimony developing. It was in the mail by 8:00 am, so hopefully Jones will get it Monday.

7 comments:

jody said...

The book that Alex made is so darling and sweet. What a wonderful little boy.

Nice that you had all of your family here and nice pictures too. It is great having a missionary. The boys will remember Jeff as Elder Christensen..good job Jeff for being an good example.

Ashley said...

i started to cry when i started to read this blog to rich. Alex is a very sweet boy. good job being the parents.

i can't believe your little brother is old enough to live on his own or go on a mission.

The Persson's said...

Ohh - I love this post! I miss Jones so much already it's crazy! Alex is so cute! Jeff is going to love that book. He is so sweet. I still have the picture on my fridge that Alex made for me the last time you came to visit!
Isn't it time for the Schof's to make another trip to the OC?

The Persson's said...

i only have three numbers on speed dail on my phone. My wife, my office, and Jones. I have reached for my phone to call jones to share a funny thought or joke probably 4-5 times in the last 4 days. I'm now starting to realize a mission is a sacrifice for the whole fam.

The Ricker

P.S. i miss the Jabroni!

{natalie} said...

jones is such a handsome missionary. and the book by Alex is so wonderful. you are doing a great job as parents!

(ps did T get an augmentation before that picture?)

The Persson's said...

Natalie - I am so glad you said that because Eric and I were saying the same thing last night!

Big Nan and I got ripped off when it came to that portion of the family gene pool! :)

Tanya said...

Alex is the best! This is a great post. We love Jones!!
Wish we were there on that day, or at least Troy.
Everyone looks fantastic!
Especially T.