Thursday, February 12, 2009

Star Student

This week Alex was chosen as the
Star Student!
We made a poster of his favorite things.
Today the little boys and I
were invited to his classroom to talk about him.
Some of the soon to be birthday boy's favorite things:
1. FOOTBALL
Favorite teams - BYU and New England Patriots
2. Reading
Currently reading - Fablehaven Series
3. Traveling
The beach and Disneyworld
4. Math
5. Steak
6. Art
Loves learning to use new art mediums
7. Hockey
8. Build A Dino Dactyl
9. Bakugan
10. Pokeman cards
The kids could then ask questions.
After the questions the class said,
Alex why don't you do a subtraction problem for your Mom.
Then I started hearing
Yeah, he's so smart. He should skip a grade.
I know he should be in 3rd grade.
No he should be in college!
The math problem...
999,014 - 998,910 = 104
It was fun visiting his class,
seeing how great he gets along with all his classmates,
and meeting all his friends.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

some say he is the smartest in 3rd grade.

The Persson's said...

I love you Al! You are so smart and I hope you have a GREAT birthday next week! :)

Ashley said...

that is freaking cute. he is the smartest, you should move him to 8th grade.

jody said...

That is too dang cute. Alex you are so smart and good thing you got that hard math problem right. What a great idea to have the parents come and add to the list. Oh that Birthday boy, we love him tons!! He is our favorite almost 8 year old.

Tanya said...

Alex, you are so dang cool. You have some serious math skills.