Sunday, November 09, 2008

Hill Aerospace Museum


Yesterday we finally had a chance
to go to the Hill Aerospace Museum.
It was absolutely amazing!
The boys loved it!


The planes were so much bigger
than I had imagined.


We saw the world's fastest plane,
the SR-71.
The boys loved learning that while
it's on the ground it leaks gas because
it stretches about 1 1/2 feet
while in flight sealing the gas tank.


The boys were very impressed
to learn that Great Grandma Schofield
had built P-51s during the war.
Drew wanted to know
what she wasn't doing this anymore
because it is so cool!


We could have spent
the entire day here.
We'll definitely have to come back!

5 comments:

Eric said...

i have never been up there, jackie and i will have to make a trip one day

The Persson's said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I can't wait to see those cute boys on Saturday! :)

{natalie} said...

those planes look cool. i bet aar loved it just as much as the boys! we'll have to check it out.

jody said...

Very cool! I bet the biggest boy was the happiest ever looking at the airplanes. He always wanted to be an Air Force pilot.


Love the new background. When you blog you really makes some additions. I love it.

*ethan* said...

i can't believe that you guys have never been there!! it looks pretty cool!

on a funny side note my word verification word is breast