Saturday, July 05, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

We started off the 4th with a hike to Battle Creek Falls.
 It was a great hike for all the kids.

Drew insisted on carrying the backpack and did a great job.

The boys have decided we need
to do a new hike
once a week.

Battle Creek Falls

E, Alex, and Drew
loved playing right near
the waterfall.


Peyton was a little nervous when the trail got narrow and steep, 
but hiked the whole way, 1.3 miles one way, without being carried. 
This may need to be a new 4th of July
tradition.

5 comments:

jody said...

Darling Family picture!!!
So fun the hikes,I want to go too! Get them ready for the MT Temp hike.

Tanya said...

I love those family pictures! What a great family tradition.

E, I heard you put on quite the fireworks show. We all wish we could have been there. We'll try to make it next year.

Ashley said...

Very cute family picture!!!!

So did you have to carry Peyton on the way back???

The Persson's said...

Ohh fun!! I miss you all - I wish I was there for the hike and the good times!

Eric said...

we should go to american fork canyone some weekend, plenty of trails there