Saturday, September 22, 2007

Disneyworld 2007 Part 1





We had a wonderful trip to Florida. It was so great to go with Troy and Tanya! We all loved being together and what a fun time we had! It all started at about 1:30 am on Friday, September 7th, when Alex came upstairs completely ready to go. The only problem... we didn't need to leave for the airport until 4:50 am. I told Alex it was too early to be awake and to go back to bed. He exclaimed, "This is worse than Christmas morning. At least then I can wake up early!" About 45 minutes later I hear voices talking. I go to investigate to find Ethan and Alex in their room playing Sonic Heroes. Alex was way too excited to fall back asleep and had got Ethan up too. Neither was cranky just really excited. We left for the airport right on time to drop Aaron and three boys off. Drew and I had a direct FIRST CLASS flight that left 3 1/2 hours later, but arrived only 45 minutes after the boys. The flights went great. We met at the airport and boarded the Magical Express which took us straight to the Port Orleans Riverside Resort. We checked in and went straight to our room in Alligator Bayou 3727. Everything looked so much like New Orleans. Drew gave the room his stamp of approval which we all know is huge being the first class traveler that he is. I think we were in the room no longer than 5 minutes when we headed off to Downtown Disney to eat at the Earl of Sandwich and check out Disney Quest, the 5 floor arcade. Believe it or not the boys were still not cranky! Everyone loved Disney Quest. I mean what boy wouldn't when you can play any and every game without having to put money in. I even found Mrs. Pacman and Super Pacman. We were hoping to meet up with Troy and Tanya, but the airlines broke their stroller so Troy had to take a cab to Wal-Mart, the only thing open at 11:30 pm, and buy a new stroller. Back to the hotel to get a good nights sleep. By this point in time Ethan and Alex had been up for 20 hours straight and were just starting to show signs of sleepiness!

4 comments:

jody said...

What lucky cute boys. Ethan is looking so old and grown up. Sounds like a very fun first day. How did Drew get to be the first class passenger? Did you draw straws?

*ethan* said...

You guys are my fav DW nerds!!

Ashley said...

My goodness. this is travleing on a whole new level.

{natalie} said...

i thought we were your disney partners?!? i see we were replaced by partners who can pay their own way?

i've been waiting to see all the pics, keep them coming!!

i hope you stopped at that yummy pizza place w/the huge pizza!